The Citizens Commission on Human Rights Victoria would like to invite you to an information seminar on August 9th at 5.30-8.30pm at the Church of Scientology, Ascot Vale.
This seminar is designed specifically for you, so that you know your rights in relation to the Mental Health Act in Victoria.
- Did you know that during 2016 in Australia, 33,641 Medicare funded “treatments” of ECT were given at a cost of $5,345,794?
- Did you know that the elderly can be a target for ECT?
In Australia, in 2016, over 7,483 Medicare funded electroshocks were given to people over the age of 65, including 427 given to people aged 85 or over.
- Did you know that many people who have taken psychiatric drugs have found that the withdrawal effects can persist for months, even years after they stop taking them?
- Do you know that The Citizens Commission on Human Rights (CCHR) is a non-profit, non-political, non-religious mental health watchdog?
- Did you know that there is something you personally can do about the state of the mental health system in Victoria?
This upcoming seminar will be divided into two parts. If you only come to the first part that is totally fine. The second part of the seminar will be more in depth education and brainstorming on what we can do about it and working out a plan to do this.
Get Educated. Get the Facts.
CCHR Information Seminar
Thursday 9th August, 5.30-6.30 & 7.00- 8.30
Church of Scientology
Mount Alexander Road